ANST - Stargate Steak Feast

timden at lcc.net timden at lcc.net
Tue Sep 8 09:47:30 PDT 1998

Gunnora spoke about period foods.....
 and Morgan said....

>Frankly, I would rather have a nicely-done steak, plain, than a lot of the
>silly oversauced inedibles I have stared down at too many feasts in the
>past.

Here Here! I come from a Greek family and have choked down some weird foods
in the past (still do, in fact), but some of the stuff I have seen in the
past 2 years at events has just made me cringe.

After packing everyone up, a 2-6 hr drive, setting everything up, fighting
all day in the sun, munching on chips and veggies, sweating yer buns off,
chasing the kids down, etcetcetc......having a feast of Mush , mash, and
pickeld *mumblesumthin* is not what I call something to look forward to.

Most of the feasts labled as *period* I have been to have been ok, some
individual dishes have been very good, but most of them have left me with a
"I should have gone to McDonalds" attitude.

When youre on a budget (and with kids who need to eat too) $5-6 spent on a
uneaten feast is a waste I try to avoid.

Timo
littlescumsuckingmutantmeat&potatoeslefty