ANST - slab o'bovine ....

j'lynn yeates jyeates at bga.com
Tue Sep 8 12:36:21 PDT 1998

On 8 Sep 98, at 13:20, Decker, Terry D. wrote:

> Now there is a thought for a medieval feast, bison steak in a wine
> marinade. Of course, we probably have to substitute Bison bison for B.
> bonasus.  Toss in a nice rye bread, mountain mushrooms, roasted onion
> salad, maybe a galingale sauce for the meat and a good wine or beer to
> wash it down. Tempting idea.

i think i'm going to find lunch now, suddenly i'm hungry (g)

that's how i prefer to prepare the bison (when i can find it locally) ...
marinate in wine & garlic overnight, sear slightly (prefer my red meats blood
rare)... grilled portabello mushrooms (brushed with butter and garlic) are a
favorite side of mine to just about anything ... perhaps some steamed
aspargus and a nice salad of whatever mixed greens are available.

have a family friend who raises these beasts and has promised to save me
some steaks, tenderloin, and both both rib racks from this falls slaughtering
... would like to simply purchase a animal for slaughter when i can get a
decent freezer - meat, hide, sinew, skull, bones ... food, ornament, warmth,
craft materials ... the way it should be.

as a alternative ... have you tried ostrich?  give it a try if not, it's a lean red
meat that tastes *awesome*, especially when marinated and grilled.

one of the advantages to being a wide ranging "traveler", we have access to
the foods and drinks of many cultures ... and tend to carry our favorites with
us as personal and trading stock.

'wolf

... - Boingo, Pedestrian Wolves