ANST - Running a tavern

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Tue Sep 1 11:53:24 PDT 1998

Burke McCrory said something that sounded like:
> The short and sweet answer is no.
> The SCA and /or its local groups cannot run taverns that sell any alcoholic
> beverages, this is a policy decision.

Is this true or is it that only that alcohol can't be purchased with SCA
funds? (Yes, I know it's a very fine line.)

> The process is very complicated and requires that the independent "tavern"
> have a mundane liquor license to sell.  When you add in the requirements of
> the Local and State regulators it becomes almost impossible.

Just as a ballpark from a non-expert, non-TABC person. To get a Wine/Beer
permit and a Temporary Wine/Beer Permit, it would cost you $175 per year
plus $30 per "event" which can only be used for the county issued and
lasting no more than 4 days. If you wish to do mixed drinks it is a lot
more expensive per year.

This does not allow you to sell what you make, only that which you have
bought and are reselling. There are additional permits and restraints to
sell what you make.

> If you have any further questions contact me directly.

I have more questions!!!

Why is the sky blue?

Why is the grass green? (Well the non-dead parts anyway.)

*grin*

Ciao,