ANST - Running a tavern

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Tue Sep 1 13:40:40 PDT 1998

>I have been asked what it takes to run a tavern and sell alcohol at
>permitted sites in Texas.
>Has anybody investigated this?
>
> >Krzysztof Kopernik                                Clan Firefall
> >(mka  Eric Sims)                                     Barony of Elfsea
> >Virtual Scribe, Kingdom of Ansteorra

I have not seen the original message for some reason, so I hope I'm not
missing something here. If you are only speaking of selling alcoholic
beverages, then you will need to investigate SCA and mundane laws as
others have suggested.

If your interest extends to period taverns or SCA taverns that are
selling food and non-alcoholic beverages, take a look at this file in
the ENTERTAINMENT section of my Florilegium for some useful hints and
ideas and referances:

taverns-msg       (20K)  8/20/98    SCA and period taverns.

My files are available at: http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html

Stefan li Rous
Barony of Bryn Gwlad
stefan at texas.net