ANST - Re: My poem The Challenge

Scott Fridenberg scottf at okom.net
Tue Sep 8 19:04:37 PDT 1998

    Since I posted the poem "The Challenge" about the final battle at
Pennsic I have recieved several  messages correcting details of the battle.
Some correcting minor details and some presenting very different
perspectives.  It soon became clear that no one version of the battle will
be entirely satisfactory to everyone.  My poem was based on the account that
was posted by Arden MacIlhatton of the Mountain Confederation.  I belive
that my time would be better spent writing new poems than repetedly
re-writing this one.  So the version that I posted earlier is the final
version.  If it is wrong then let it be definitivly wrong.  If you have a
different perspective on the battle please shAre it with us.  A story this
great deserves the attention of many bards.
    Thank you to those who have written about this.  Please send more I
would love to hear about this great battle from many points of view.

Robert Fitzmorgan
Barony of Northkeep
Bard of Elfsea

Cry "Ribbit!" and let slip the frogs of War!!!