ANST - Two 15th Century Receipts for Steak

ulrica ulrica at lx.net
Tue Sep 29 15:29:05 PDT 1998

Hi all....just an observation...Meadbh,  doesn't it seem that an awful lot
of the period recipes require two forms of cooking the ingredients?  Like
boiling then marinating and pan frying or something else.  Or am I just
nuts...okay...so you don't have to answer that one <G>  I would think that
boiling would by nature often remove a lot of the flavor, so that something
else had to be done to replace the lost flavor.  And think about the
nutritional aspects....wouldn't their techniqes have removed some of the
essential nutrients?  Just wondering.

Ulrica