ANST - to serve or not to serve...

Maleah Farasha Raushana bint Abdullah maleah at swbell.net
Tue Sep 29 21:11:44 PDT 1998

My humble opinion on this is: SERVE!!!!! My reasons are entirely
personal but here they are. I HATE being part of a buffet line cattle
shuffle, it's glaringly modern (to me) and typically the people at the
end of the line starve because eyes at the front of the line are bigger
than stomachs.
	I feel that a sit down served feast is much more in keeping with the
atmosphere we are trying to promote and can be accomplished without
major difficulty with a little pre-planning and bribery. The tradition
here in Namron and other places that I am familiar with is that servers
eat FIRST and their meal is FREE. There is always someone in charge of
the servers who coordinates to make sure tables don't get missed and to
lend a helping hand if a server just gets overwhelmed. We never seem to
lack for volunteers.
	There are my opinions such as they are and hopefully a little helpful
experience to go with them.

Hasheika Maleah
Barony of Namron