ANST - ATYC Noble's Archery Shoot

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Mon Apr 5 11:03:30 PDT 1999

Yes, this is much clearer. Not necessarily what I wanted to see (I haven't
shot regular bow in years), but clearer. :-)

I have seen "arrows" used generically to include arrows and quarrels. Or
arrows and bolts. I wouldn't want to make an assumption on that alone.

Without a draw limitation, and allowing crossbows, I could see a team
showing up with a handcranked 1200 pound crossbow with an absolutely
flat trajectory. I've heard tales of Don Shomino appearing at Pennsic
with such a thing in Pennsics early distance shoots, and the last reported
sighting of the quarrels was the quarrels headed into the cornfields past
the end of the archery range. Of course, this no blow-throughs rule would
probably limit the use of such bows even if allowed.

Unlike a lot of our archery shoots which are often a solitary pursuit, I
think such shoots as this hold real potential to draw onlookers and
allow a display of period-like pageantry.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net