ANST - Second-Guessing

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Wed Apr 28 09:26:11 PDT 1999

Michael Tucker (michaelt at mechatronics.com) said something that sounded like:
> I have seen our seneschal, HL Ihon (congratulations again on the Star, Ihon!),
> wrestle with these issues meeting after meeting. It seems we cannot hold an
> event, or plan a feast, or buy a single !*@# cook-pot without rehashing these
> issues. I do *not* envy Ihon his job.

Oh come one. It's fun. *grin*

> But the fact is, we *have* a published policy that answers *many* (but not
> *all*) of the questions. After all is said and done, the *seneschal* makes the
> decision. Period.

Actually you are close but incorrect. The Kingdom's policy is that the
Financial Committee has final say. For the Kingdom that is the Seneschal,
Treasurer and Crown. For the groups it is the minimum of the Seneschal,
Treasurer and Territorial Nobility if they exist. There is suggested to
be more. In our group the Deputy to the Seneschal and Treasurer are also
on the Financial Committee.

Now what  I don't think it says is if there is the ability for any of these
individuals to override the others or if a majority has to be reached.

> I think the main differences pertaining to *this* discussion are: 1) according
> to Pug's post, this isn't *yet* decided, so discussion is still appropriate.

Correct. Until the Treasurer actually cuts a check it's not a done deal.
There are many changes that may happen between now and then. However, I
am committed to make something happen!

Ciao,