ANST - options ... Second-Guessing

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Wed Apr 28 09:41:56 PDT 1999

j'lynn yeates (jyeates at realtime.net) said something that sounded like:
> that is unless you can find a member in that business who is willing/able to
> donate/waive these fees as a "gift" to a kingdom that they have always cared
> for, even if they've been absent from it for a while ... so don't dismiss this
> option until i can get you both together for a face-face discussion, hopefully
> later part of next week.  placed the matter before him a couple days back and
> he's interested in principle in helping out and has available resources at his
> disposal ...

I have not dismissed it, and it is still one of the options. I was
giving people what this costs typically. I did state at the bottom of it
that this was if we were unable to get it donated or at reduced cost.
Please take things in their entirity instead of piecemeal.

Depending on the individuals willingness to deal with the issues
involved, it will be one of the items presented at the next Red Tape
event.

> > As for colocation costs of our own server with services not adding up to
> > what I am providing, it would cost $1000 activation and $350 per month. At
> > minimum this would not provide backup service, off-site backup storage nor
> > firewall protection.
> point or order, if you co-locate on a providers rack-space, these services are
> often provided as part of the monthly fee (had to research exactly this
> situation last year ... web site build / host / co-locate / etc ...) ... one of
> the reasons for co-location is the first place

Although there were many items listed as being provided, these were not.
Considering the importance of these abilities, I find it odd that
resources such as these were not mentioned.

Ciao,