ANST - service comment and information suggestion ...

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Wed Apr 28 10:25:10 PDT 1999

j'lynn yeates (jyeates at realtime.net) said something that sounded like:
> sorry, but *everyones* opinion / input is as valid as that of any officer -
> high or low  ... being an officer is a personal choice and to denegrate anyone
> or their ideas / input simply because they choose not to be an officer for
> whatever the reason is not overly honerable

I must disagree.

Those people who have "been there, done that" should be listened to more
than the dreamers who just sit back and reap the benefit of other
people's hard work. Experience is a good teacher for many of the things
we are talking about.

Now this does not mean that things should be thrown out because someone
hasn't done it. It also doesn't mean that something should be thrown out
because it hasn't been tried before or wasn't properly done before.
Everyone has the right to speak, but that does not mean that they have
to be heeded.

> here's a suggestion .. leave these channels as they are and create a
> *official*, topical, moderated, kingdom level channel designed for official
> business and information exchange. ...

As I understood the word from Corporate, this could not happen. It will
never be official since it will not reach the entirety of the SCA
*membership*. The only way of doing that is through the official channels
by USMailing.

This does not mean that we can not have an announcement only list for
the Kingdom *if* an appropriate Moderator and guidelines for it can be
decided upon.

> personally, i would like to hear about these things before the fact when i'm
> not able to travel accross the state to attend kingdom business meetings or
> reading about in the black-star when it's alreadt dated information.  people
> complain about other not getting invoilved in the process ... give them
> reasonable tools to do so and maybe they will.

Personally I'd love to see things in both places.

The real problem is that when people post things to the 'net, they
forget to put it in the BlackStar. Vice-versa is often true as well.
This is a lack of planning and a bad assumption of "well everyone
already knows it".

There will be a Note and Challenge, not not a half-page ad, in the
BlackStar regarding this topic.

Ciao,