ANST - seeds of new threads ... human fallibilty / officers / corporations ...

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Wed Apr 28 13:17:13 PDT 1999

j'lynn yeates (jyeates at realtime.net) said something that sounded like:
> >>  Do _you_ hope to ever propose a new idea in this kingdom?  Are you looking
> >>  forward to your baby getting the kicking-around and second-guessing Pug's
> >>  idea has gotten?
> from what i have seen so far, Pug belives he's doing the right thing (i don't
> but so it goes)

We'll see if you can convince me and the alternate provider still.

As well, if you feel strongly about it, please present your argument to
the Kingdom Financial Committee, preferably with a counter proposal
including manpower, resources, contingencies, cost, etc.

> and dosn't seem phased in dealing with those that are testing /
> challanging his proposal ... bet he's done it before at work (grin).

This is certainly true. As well, doing computer servers and networks are
my profession, so I am willing to take on the challenge and
responsibility of maintaining the server. Others have offered to help in
this endeavor to make sure that it sees it to it's maturity.

> so far i
> don't see him taking any of the challanges personally and more than reasonable
> to entertain options and suggestions that modify things for the better.

That would be foolish and self-defeating.

> if you truely believe in your "baby", you know that it will survive the
> testings ... can you make steel without fire and the hammer and anvil ????

This is why I was unafraid of putting the proposal before the Red Tape
event and the list. While I did not properly prepare for this medium due
to inaccurate expectations, I think I have corrected that and learned my
lesson well.

Ciao,