ANST - server and information thoughts ...

Thu Apr 29 12:56:07 PDT 1999

> j'lynn yeates (jyeates at realtime.net) said something that sounded like:
> > a better use for that extra workstation-class machine ... donate it to a
> local
> > member who needs basic net access, and teach them how to use it.  but
> donate it
> > with the proviso that when they outgrow that machine and get a better
> one, they
> > in turn do the same to someone else with need.
>
> Damn good idea. I think this is actually more useful idea than selling
> it since it will be more beneficial in this function that the price you
> can get for used equipment these days.
>
> Ciao,
>
> --
> Phelim "Pug" Gervase  | "I want to be called. COTTONTIPS. There is
> something

Let's try a little different approach.  Donate the PC to the Kingdom, take
the charitable deduction.  Let the Kingdom decided whether to loan the PC to
an officer (Kingdom, Regional or local) or sell it to raise funds.  If they
choose to sell it, let the local seneschal and treasurer auction it off.
This benefits the donor, the organization, and the recipient.

Bear