ANST - Scrolls

Dr Tiomoid of Angle tiomoid at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 2 08:34:48 PDT 1999

--- jhartel <jhartel at net-link.net> wrote:

> > No problem. Let's quit using photocopied paper and start doing real
> > period-style charters, as I have been urging for the last 15 years.
> > Mistress Serena made significant progress in that direction during
> her
> > tenure as Sable Scroll Pursuivant --
>
> Wouldn't that be cool?  It is done that way in the Mid-Realm.  I was
> almost laughed out of a meeting for asking where the pre-printed
> scrolls were that needed to be painted.  I was told in no uncertain
> terms that all the scrolls up here are handdone and the thought of
> pre-prints was preposterous.

I'm happy to see that the seed I planted in 1981 has apparently borne
such beautiful fruit.

> I think it is incredibly hard on the scribes and illuminors as they
> are "constantly" working to put out new pieces but somehow it manages
> to get done and quite nicely. There does not seem to be the backlog
> in getting people their "hand done" scrolls as there is in Ansteorra.

Well, it takes (a) a commitment to doing it that way, (b) a body of
dependable people who can do that sort of work, and (c) a bit more
pre-planning than our administrations seem willing to do.

Fra Tadhg Liath OFT
The Grumpiest Pelican
SCITIS IMPLETI * NOSCE IGNOTIS