ANST - Scrolls

jhartel jhartel at net-link.net
Mon Aug 2 07:45:15 PDT 1999

Dr Tiomoid of Angle wrote:

> No problem. Let's quit using photocopied paper and start doing real
> period-style charters, as I have been urging for the last 15 years.
> Mistress Serena made significant progress in that direction during her
> tenure as Sable Scroll Pursuivant --

Wouldn't that be cool?  It is done that way in the Mid-Realm.  I was
almost laughed out of a meeting for asking where the pre-printed scrolls
were that needed to be painted.  I was told in no uncertain terms that
all the scrolls up here are handdone and the thought of pre-prints was
preposterous.

I think it is incredibly hard on the scribes and illuminors as they are
"constantly" working to put out new pieces but somehow it manages to get
done and quite nicely.  There does not seem to be the backlog in getting
people their "hand done" scrolls as there is in Ansteorra.

Moriel***