ANST - scrolls

Lee Lemons lalemons at flash.net
Tue Aug 3 11:52:54 PDT 1999

--------------0B3EB8C0AE91589F1138ADBE

Greetings!

> <snip>
>
>         Also, Baroness Curstaidh asked that those wanting to change the
> system step up and help do the work.  To be fair, Master Tadgh has done an
> excessive amount of work in this field.  Were it not for him and Mistress
> Serena we would probably all be going around ignorently assuming that the
> scrolls we are doing are perfectly period.  He is also responsible for the
> text that we use on our scrolls, which is a great deal better than what I
> have seen out of some other kingdoms where the text is not controlled at all
> so "speaking forsoothly" is the rule of the day (you know, that phoney
> English Middle Ages talk).

Let me be the first to commend Master Tadgh and Serena for all their work!
Believe me, I have a very deep respect for the amount of work they've done for
the Kingdom!!

I was referring to the actual work of sitting down and doing the awards, of
being an active scribe actively doing the work, in terms of all scribes
involved in this.  I apologize if it seemed that I was pinpointing them, I was
meaning for anyone who wants this to happen, that they  become an active scribe
and participate in that which they want.

>         I am not sure that everyone on the Ansteorra list is interested in
> this, so I opened the discussion on the scribes list also (to subscribe:
> majordomo at ansteorra.org    subscribe scriptoris).

I completely disagree with this.  I personally know of several scribes who are
not on the Anstoerra list, but are on other lists.  And I know of several
people, having gotten several personal e-mails due to this, that aren't scribes
but still have an opinion.   If we are discussing a possible Kingdom change,
then all should be involved, scribe or not.

Curstaidh Magorlick
Star Signet

--------------0B3EB8C0AE91589F1138ADBE

<HTML>
Greetings!
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE><snip>

<P>        Also, Baroness Curstaidh
asked that those wanting to change the
<BR>system step up and help do the work.  To be fair, Master Tadgh
has done an
<BR>excessive amount of work in this field.  Were it not for him and
Mistress
<BR>Serena we would probably all be going around ignorently assuming that
the
<BR>scrolls we are doing are perfectly period.  He is also responsible
for the
<BR>text that we use on our scrolls, which is a great deal better than
what I
<BR>have seen out of some other kingdoms where the text is not controlled
at all
<BR>so "speaking forsoothly" is the rule of the day (you know, that phoney
<BR>English Middle Ages talk).</BLOCKQUOTE>
Let me be the first to commend Master Tadgh and Serena for all their work!
Believe me, I have a very deep respect for the amount of work they've done
for the Kingdom!!

<P>I was referring to the actual work of sitting down and doing the awards,
of being an active scribe actively doing the work, in terms of all scribes
involved in this.  I apologize if it seemed that I was pinpointing
them, I was meaning for <U>anyone </U>who wants this to happen, that they
become an active scribe and participate in that which they want.
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>

<P>        I am not sure that everyone
on the Ansteorra list is interested in
<BR>this, so I opened the discussion on the scribes list also (to subscribe:
<BR>majordomo at ansteorra.org    subscribe scriptoris).
<BR> </BLOCKQUOTE>
I completely disagree with this.  I personally know of several scribes
who are not on the Anstoerra list, but are on other lists.  And I
know of several people, having gotten several personal e-mails due to this,
that aren't scribes but still have an opinion.   If we are discussing
a possible Kingdom change, then all should be involved, scribe or not.

<P>Curstaidh Magorlick
<BR>Star Signet
<BR>

<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>Go to <A HREF="http://lists.ansteorra.org/lists.html">http://lists.ansteorra.org/lists.html</A>
to perform mailing list tasks.</BLOCKQUOTE>
 </HTML>