ANST - reality / fantasy ... was: 13th Warrior-Its Just A Movie!

j'lynn yeates jyeates at realtime.net
Sun Aug 29 07:56:45 PDT 1999

On 29 Aug 99, at 5:33, Dr Tiomoid M. of Angle wrote:

> --- Celestria LeDragon <celestria_ledragon at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Has this gotten so bad that everything you see has to be documented?
>
> > It is a movie to enjoy for entertainment and that is it!
>
> So we can expect you to be wearing a ray gun at the next event? After
> all, we're just here to have fun....

pardon, but i think you missed the point .. the movie in question is *not* in
any way, shape, or form a SCAdian production ... so how does enjoying something
outside the boundaries of SCA-culture equate to "bringing a ray gun" to the
next event? ... all i can see in these words is a sarcastic putdown to a valid
alternative opinion raised by someone with a rational and healthy point of view
on the matter.  i do find the "reactive" stance to the fear of possible "non-
period contamination" (that appears to be be a growing under-current in the
game) interesting ...

when the judged / perceived "periodness" of real-world things *outside* the SCA
domain starts to worry any member, i would suggest they sit down, take a long,
hard look at where they are ... perhaps you will find that this game has
started to eclipse reality far more than is healthy, and they should look into
other hobbies.

always remember a basic eastern adage ... "you have to live in the world"

'wolf

... truth is the sword of us all (lords of the new church)