ANST - Awards

Weiszbrod, Barbara A (Barbara) baw2 at lucent.com
Tue Aug 3 07:42:02 PDT 1999

	Shawn asked:

> I was wondering, where on the net do you go to nominate someone for an
> award?

I know of no where on the net that you can nominate people for awards.  Is
there such a place?

Anyone is allowed, and encourage, to send award recomendations to Their
Majesties.

Each crown is different in what they will and will not accept (e-mail,
snail-mail, handed to them on a napkin), but it is a good policy to put it
in writing, and mail it to them to arrive two weeks before the event at
which you would like the award given.  I believe that HRM Daffydd and
Octavia will accept e-mail recomendations, but you would have to check on
that to be sure.

	Be sure to spell the nominee's name correctly, SCA and legal, and be
specific about what events they plan to be attending.  Giving more than one
is always a good idea.  There was at least one occassion during G&S's reign
when an award that they had approved was not given because the person was
not at the event on the award rec. and no other event was suggested.

	Alys.