ANST - Awards

Michael F. Gunter michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Wed Aug 4 12:04:14 PDT 1999

> Each crown is different in what they will and will not accept (e-mail,
> snail-mail, handed to them on a napkin), but it is a good policy to put it
> in writing, and mail it to them to arrive two weeks before the event at
> which you would like the award given.

This is very good advice. Some of the things we looked for in award recs
were:

The correct spelling of the person's name.
What events they would be at.
How long they had been in the SCA (especially for AoA awards)
What other awards they have recieved and when.  (We usually checked the
OP on awards nominees.)
What has the nominee done that specifically merits the award.

As also mentioned, send a copy of the rec to your local Landed Baron/ess
as we would often call regional heads for more information on people.

We accepted emai or postal recs but never oral recs. Sara likes to brag
about the time she made ME put a rec in writing and she turned it down.

These are just some suggestions, the real answer lies in what Their
Majesties want. You can always ask Them.

I hope this helps.

Yers,

Gunthar