ANST - scrolls

Mirrim and Suvdchin mirrim at moritu.net
Tue Aug 3 09:02:59 PDT 1999

> So, am I hearing this correctly - the push now is towards all original
> work and / or just the "written word", no illumination, etc.?  Should I be
> telling the Sable Scroll not to worry anymore about those pesky painted
> charters, but that he needs to just write out charters for every single
> recipient, and / or find other calligraphers to help, too?  So all those
> paints I just bought I can use for painting my cat's claws?  ; D
> Curstaidh Magorlick
> Star Signet

I prefer the painted charters that we use now.  A calligraphed document may
be more period but it won't look nearly as cool hanging on my wall.  If we
didn't do painted charters, then I probably wouldn't have any scrolls at all.  The
only scrolls I have are for my awards from the Crown of Ansteorra, though I've
been given awards in Meridies, Drachenwald and the East.  Bryn Gwlad can't
seem to get caught up on making original scrolls for it's one armigerous award
even though only 2-3 are given each year.

Baroness Mirrim of Bristol

"In the year 1999 and seven months,
from the sky will come the great King of Terror.
He will bring to life the great king of the Mongols.
Before and after war reigns happily."

-- Nostradamus (1500-1566),
French astrologer, physician and prophet,
from "Centuries" (1562).