ANST - scrolls

jhartel jhartel at net-link.net
Tue Aug 3 11:40:21 PDT 1999

I do not remember anyone saying that pre-prints were out or even on the
way out.  Simply some edification of "period" documents was offed and a
view as to how it is done in other places.    I myself cut my teeth on
pre-prints way back when they were called "Promisories".  I feel it is a
GREAT way to introduce the artform AND to encourage folks to try new
things.  I miss being able to sit with friends and paint and learn new
things like diapering from Curstaidh and whiteworking from Baroness
Suzanne.

Perhaps folks should slow down read a bit more carfeully, and not jump
to such huge assumptions.  Without the Word of the Crown and the power
of the scribes and illuminors to back that word things will remain the
same until someone does "officially" challenges it.

Moriel***
(who would still be painting Ansteorran charters if there was a regional
scribe close enough to get in contact with...grin)