ANST - 13th Warrior-Its Just A Movie!

Dr Tiomoid M. of Angle tiomoid at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 30 12:56:56 PDT 1999

--- j_smallw at titan.sfasu.edu wrote:

> Maybe so, but the movie in question (just like the book) never
> claimed to be anything but fiction, very, very loosely based on
> history.

And all anyone was doing was pointing out, for those who might perhaps
be under a mistaken impression to the contrary, the extent to which it
was not, in fact, based on history.

> Based on that, there is no need to go overboard crying about
> historical inaccuracies.

Well, "overboard" is in the eye of the beholder. I, for example, don't
think that the criticisms voiced of the movie were "overboard".

>  It's not like the movie was "Braveheart".

Oh, so it's a difference of degree? It's okay to criticize
"Braveheart", but not "13th Warrior"? And who decides that?

> Now, I feel that making vague insults, or belittling people that
> state this fact is what doesn't belong here.

As you are doing with respect to me? Funny thing to complain about
something that you appear to have no compunction doing yourself.

Hypocrisy, that's certainly something that doesn't belong here.

Tadhg

===
Tiomoid M. of Angle  JD MBA
No, I do not suffer fools gladly.