ANST - Documentation (wordy)

Patrick J. Cuccurello pat at adtelusa.com
Wed Feb 17 12:28:33 PST 1999

<<<<<<<much snippage>>>>>

>If you make documentation a requirement for all judged competitions, then
yes,
>without hesitation. HOWEVER: I would do everything in my power to help every
>entrant meet the requirement. Consider: some dinner clubs require you to
wear a
>coat and tie. If you don't have one, they'll loan you one. We require
everyone
>who attends our events to wear "a reasonable attempt at garb". In the
Barony of
>Stargate, we try to have loaner garb at the gate. Let's take a similar
approach
>to judged A&S events: if someone shows up with no documentation, hand them a
>one-page form to fill out (the "A&S_EZ"? <g>), with places for the absolute
>minimum information. I.e.:

You know, I really like this idea.  At least the teaching side of me does.
The admin side of me goes, "oh my gawd".  However, it really does parallel
what we try and do with attendees at events and the fighters.  Any time
that we of the arts community can provide a solution to someone as opposed
to a percieved barrier, I'm for it.  Yes, it would provide greater overhead
in the running of Arts events, but it also puts us in direct contact with
those people who probably most need direction.  It also does it in a
non-confrontational or non-detrimental manner.

By providing an avenue for communication with those who obviously are
having qualms or difficulty with documentation, we advance the Arts within
the Kingdom.  We also gain those valuable teaching points  that we need
each year to keep our Laurel accredidations  <<<<grin>>>>

Petruccio