ANST - How to mail a scroll?

Ronnie ronna at primenet.com
Thu Feb 18 19:30:34 PST 1999

>> Should it be sandwiched between 2 pieces of oversized cardboard with
>some
>> tissue next to the design?

I believe this is preferred, see below.

>> What about rolling it and sending it in a tube?

Often the media (inks and/or paints, leaf, etc.) with which scrolls are made
flake and/or break off if the scroll is rolled, because it flexes those
materials, and they're resistant to flexing.  Another point is that a rolled
scroll sometimes doesn't welcome being unrolled or made to stay that way.
For safety's sake, then, I would never roll a scroll.  (But find me a rich
Italian ...)
Ronnie.