ANST - Titles

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Tue Feb 2 08:17:31 PST 1999

karl muller wrote:

> >Missed the whole point of my discussion, did you?
> >
> >                                        ---= Morgan
>
> it's YOUR discussion. but it's THEIR lives. it doesn't matter what your
> point was, the group was intruding in someone's private life. and unless
> you want this list to sink to the level of the tabloids, i think we
> should change the subject.
> I will not participate on any further comments made on this subject.
> subject closed (on this end).
> km

Karl, please step back a minute and reconsider what Morgan really
said. While in general I agree with your comments about privacy,
Morgan made next to no comments on HRM Gunthar's particular arrangements
with HRM Sara. She did however, provide some of us with an enlightening
description of how the period use of the terms of wife and husband
differed from how these terms are generally used today.

If HRM Gunthar had objected to the inquiries, I suspect he would not
have replied to her message as he did or explain his situation in
another message.

The SCA is gradually adopting more period terms and getting rid of
some made up, non-period abominations such as autocrat, feastocrat
and troll. I, for one, would like to see more discussion of this
when appropriate.

Lord Stefan li Rous
Barony of Bryn Gwlad
Ansteorra