ANST - Self-serving public service announcement

Keith Hood keith_dell at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 4 16:21:05 PST 1999

A while back I posted a message asking if the siege engineers would like
to throw together and rent a truck to haul equipment to the war.  I have
even more incentive to do this now, because my van is so far gone I must
rent a vehicle or I can't go.

So, there will be at least one rental truck heading to the war no matter
what, even if I'm the only one aboard.  I live in Bryn Gwlad (Austin)
and will be going through the Stargate - Bordermarch area.  If anyone on
that line of march would like to make this a common move, we could
coordinate rendevous times and places and run it just like a freight
line, stopping to take on cargo on the way out and dropping it off on
the way back.

The main variable in the cost will of course be the size of the truck.
Whatever it is, the more people we get involved the less the cost per
person.  Since you can only get two or three people in the cab of a
truck, some other vehicles would be necessary to carry most of the
people, and perhaps some personal gear.  But with a large vehicle for
the heavy cargo, a group of people would need to take fewer personal
vehicles, and you save the mileage and wear on those personal vehicles.
And you can get a *lot* more siege weapon ammunition in a box-body cargo
truck than in the back of a Chevy van.

If there is any interest, please respond to this list and we can start
discussing the truck size/costs.  Also, we need to coordinate on the
approximate sizes and weights of the equipment and ammunition people are
thinking about taking.  I hope everybody is planning to take a LOT of
ammunition.

     Tomonaga

--
A long bow and a strong bow,
And let the sky grow dark.

        -- Stolen from "The Song of the Bosonian Archers" --
               By Robert E. Howard, who should be
                 the patron saint of Ansteorra