ANST - Mistress Neassa's excellent progress :-)

Joe Wolf WolfJ at bisys.com
Fri Feb 5 08:09:30 PST 1999

Baron Michael Silverhands, proud husband of Ansteorra's Newest Pelican wrote...

>Greetings, all:
>
>I know there are many of our friends who were unable to attend Queen's Champion
>tournament, and so missed seeing the elevation of Neassa (my love and joy) to
>the Order of the Pelican.   [SNIP!]

>From one of those fortunate enough to witness this well-deserved award, I would like to relate the words of
His Majesty... I found them extremely appropriate and moving.

"Neassa, you do so much for the Kingdom, the Barony, and your friends, we wanted to do something
special for you... an award... but this is a very heavy award, so you'll need your friends to help you carry it."

He nodded at his herald, who rang out:

"Will the members of the Order of the Pelican come before His Majesty!"

At this point, Neassa's hands flew to her mouth in shock!   Her husband, Michael, lept out of his throne towards her, then realizing he was in a Royal Court, he took a knee... and her hand, which he kissed tenderly.  The Populous roared their approval... and their herald considered himself most fortunate to be so close to this wonderful accolade.

Vivat Neassa!!  Peer of the Realm!

Herr Manfred von Wolf, Baronial Herald to Their Excellencies Michael Silverhands and Neassa the Obstreperous
Barony of the Stargate, Ansteorra