Administrative...(was Re: ANST - Alcohol)

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Sun Feb 7 10:41:35 PST 1999

Merrik Viltar Har (Marrock at email.msn.com) said something that sounded like:
> Most sincere apologies, it seemed to me to be relevant, as it was members of
> the SCA who participated on this list,

Many members of the SCA do things that are not relevant to this list.
Discussions of how to do programming are not relevant. Discussions
involving how people drive to work are not relevant.

On the flip side, discussions of how to pack for events, how to
subscribe to different lists/newsgroups, or how to use search engines to
find research material are relevant despite them not being "period" nor
directly about the SCA.

> however I wasn't aware that humor
> with other Ansteorran's I don't know, who also participate in this list ,was
> well, apparently wrong.

I have allowed many discussions to be tangental and occur. In this
particular case what I saw was a discussion had no relevance to the SCA,
but only to a couple individuals, and then I chose to mention something.

I'm sorry that you do not understand the difference between discussions
being relevant to the community and humorous vs. those that are only
between individuals. Private discussions should be just that.

Would you care to reread the extensive list of what is and isn't
relevant to this list?

I'm sorry that you feel inconvenienced and stiffled by the few limitations
I have imposed.

In Service,

--
Phelim "Pug" Gervase  |  "I know that I will never be politically correct
Barony of Bryn Gwlad  |   I don't give a damn about my lack of etiquette