Administrative...(was Re: ANST - Alcohol)

Merrik Viltar Har Marrock at email.msn.com
Sun Feb 7 14:23:01 PST 1999

From: Pug Bainter <pug at pug.net>
:I'm sorry that you do not understand the difference between discussions
:being relevant to the community and humorous vs. those that are only
:between individuals. Private discussions should be just that.

Perhaps humor is relative.

:Would you care to reread the extensive list of what is and isn't
:relevant to this list?

Yes, please. Perhaps it would be best to post this extensive list of what is
and isn't relevant to ALL participants of this list. I would also like to
see a specific definition as to relevant, so that this universal
ingredient\variable will have EQUAL limits so ALL can understand and follow.

:I'm sorry that you feel inconvenienced and stiffled by the few limitations
:I have imposed.

I'm sorry you perceive negativity as I haven't been inconvenienced or
stifled, cheated perhaps. Me not being able to meet others on this list is a
LOSS, mine, them not being allowed to know me is their LOSS (chest out,
bright eyes, STUPID grin). This loss creates motivation and not negativity.
In any instance of life, when I meet someone and conversation is engaging,
time allowing, I chat, in PUBLIC, where I feel a safety net of m y peers and
fellow peasants. To date, I have yet to drag someone into a private corner
of my skewed world in order to continue a conversation\'thread', until some
form of rapport develops. I am saddened that the Ansteorran list may not be
used for members to meet and converse in this way. I had perceived this type
of interaction between members who don't know each other as EXTREMELY
relevant. I did not realize a reference or biography was preferred.

Voltaire said it was the toiling of the garden that made existence worth
anything, apparently this garden is being toiled as deeply as it might be,
and this saddens me.

With great respect for the hard work you do...

Lord Merrik Viltar Har