ANST - The Bard's Road

j'lynn yeates jyeates at realtime.net
Wed Feb 10 10:18:57 PST 1999

On 10 Feb 99, at 10:05, R Husted wrote:

> Please come to my fire. You will be most welcome. Do not let the poor
> attitudes of some spoil it for the rest of us. Ther are still many who do
> appreciate you.

OK, while i honor bards and appreciate them, but why is there a attitude that
they are automatically welcome at all fires at all times and that the
activities at those fires should be modified for them in all cases ???

basic courtesy flows both ways and in this social realm it is one of social
equals.  if there is a conversation or other activity in process, it is bad
form for any bard to expect that it be automatically be dropped for them.

being welcomed into a camp is simply that, a welcome .. it's not a carte blance
to take control of that social sphere, no matter the good intentions.  if what
they bring can weave into that "fire", so much the better, but it is not always
so.

'wolf

... - Boingo, Pedestrian Wolves