Displays... (was Re: ANST - Documentation)

Gail P. Taylor gtaylor at lonestar.jpl.utsa.edu
Tue Feb 16 07:34:47 PST 1999

> As well, I see no reason why Laurel's Prize Tourney can't be done in
> this way. The whole purpose of it is to allow the Laurels and Artisans
> to talk, thus there is no *need* for documentation.

I guess the problem comes in when you consider that if you stay by your display
all day awaiting laurels, you never get to see anyone else's stuff.  The plan was,
last Laurels Prize tourney, for one-half of the room to be viewed, then the
other.  But...there were an amazing number of artisans there.  The one-half idea
seemed to go by the wayside.  Most of us stayed by our stuff, telling people about
it.  But, I'd really would have liked to have had more time to look at other
people's work and to get to know some of the other artisans there, other than
those within a two-table radius.  I raced around twice...but didn't really get to
stop and chat with folk about their work.

Also...in any event that would require an artisan to stand by their work, and
there was also rapier fighting going on...guess where I'd be??  I sit on my rear
long enough -making- the item...I don't want to babysit it when others are out
running around.  So...I document...and hopefully people will read it.  I DO like
Gunnora's idea about making something of a summary or abstract of your
documentation for the general populous to view.....

Isobel