Displays... (was Re: ANST - Documentation)

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Mon Feb 15 19:29:08 PST 1999

Ronnie (ronna at primenet.com) said something that sounded like:
> Bear with me, please, while I ruminate a bit ... and forgive the ignorance
> of an Ansteorran transplant.

Sure thing. We don't hate all transplants. *wink*

> If at least displays are also competitions, it seems this should satisfy the
> documentation quarrel.

I think this would be a bit odd, although do-able. There is no reason
that a local/regional competition could not be run where documentation
was not required or did not count into the scoring. Personally at the
Kingdom level, I think a *competition* should require documentation at
least of some level. (There is always room for improvement.)

Btw, I am more of the opinion that displays are more for commentary and
simple display of skill for recognition. This allows a venue for those
whom either don't want to compete (there are those folks out there)
and those that don't want to document to the standards that *might* be
necessary for a competition.

In my opinion, display is sorta what LPT is about. Unfortunately with
the different special prizes, it has almost become a competition
itself. Personally I don't care to compete although I might do it someday,
so I rather enjoyed the way LPT is done, but felt uncomfortable with
the prize issues.

Ciao,