ANST - Boffers

Joe Wolf WolfJ at bisys.com
Fri Feb 19 06:52:25 PST 1999

Much has been made (and rightly so) about how the pending approval of boffer will give the teens and younger members of our Society something to do and be a path to the chivalric fighting... but I think we're missing something else:

The adults can play it too!  New comers and non-authorized fighters can take part in boffer tourneys.  Ladies who wouldn't dream of donning heavy armor can pick up a boffer blade and defend their own honor!  And the potential for evening play is endless... when I started in the Society, I recall a Tavern Brawl of boffer weapons (boffer rolling pins, boffer skillets, even boffer fish!).  This will add another fun activity to the already full plate the SCA offers!!

(Are Their Majesties looking??)   Vivat Boffer!!

Herr Manfred von Wolf, Sentinal Pursuivant
Barony of the Stargate, Ansteorra