ANST - Boffers

Fionnghal fionghal at chaosbutterfly.com
Fri Feb 19 08:16:23 PST 1999

> Much has been made (and rightly so) about how the pending approval of
> boffer will give the teens and younger members of our Society something to
> do and be a path to the chivalric fighting... but I think we're missing
> something else:
>
> The adults can play it too!  New comers and non-authorized fighters can
> take part in boffer tourneys.  Ladies who wouldn't dream of donning heavy
> armor can pick up a boffer blade and defend their own honor!  And the
> potential for evening play is endless... when I started in the Society, I
> recall a Tavern Brawl of boffer weapons (boffer rolling pins, boffer
> skillets, even boffer fish!).  This will add another fun activity to the
> already full plate the SCA offers!!
>
> (Are Their Majesties looking??)   Vivat Boffer!!

It is a good thing to hear that the SCA would like to work on the
fine art of making good safe Boffer weapons.  I would like you to
know that in the Houston area, Amtgard has been making good
boffers for all occasions for years now.  I know that many SCA
fighters tend to have a few personal problems with soft boffer
weapons, but they do have purpose and advantage in that everyone
and anyone can use them and have fun.
 I have been participating in Amtgard for 7 years now and have a lot
of experience making very safe, very good boffer weapons.  I live in
Houston, and if anyone there in Stargate wishes to learn about the
way Amtgarders make their boffer weapons and is willing to listen
to a bit of advice about boffers and their safety, I would be more
than happy to help.

My home phone number is (713)552-0666 and my work number is
(713)837-7382, during the day.

Always in Service,
Fionnghal Nic Phaidin,
Dancer of the Way,
(One of those Wardancers)

Politics is the art of preventing people from taking part in affairs which
properly concern them. -Paul Valery

Check out the the Wetlands RP and FreeWetlands lists at:
http://www.chaosbutterfly.com/penelope/freelist.htm/
(Please direct all flames to http://www.chaosbutterfly.com/penelope/hatemail.html)