ANST - Boffers

karl muller apophysis at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 19 08:12:43 PST 1999

how about age groups. ten and under, eleven to fourteen, fifteen to
seventeen, (you don't want a seventeen year old beating up on an eleven
year old) and adult. and no gender restrictions. that way all get to
play.
km

>Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 08:52:25 -0600
>From: "Joe Wolf" <WolfJ at bisys.com>
>To: <ansteorra at Ansteorra.ORG>
>Subject: ANST - Boffers
>
>Much has been made (and rightly so) about how the pending approval of
boffer will give the teens and younger members of our Society something
to do and be a path to the chivalric fighting... but I think we're
missing something else:

>The adults can play it too!  New comers and non-authorized fighters can
take part in boffer tourneys.  Ladies who wouldn't dream of donning
heavy armor can pick up a boffer blade and defend their own honor!  And
the potential for evening play is endless... when I started in the
Society, I recall a Tavern Brawl of boffer weapons (boffer rolling pins,
boffer skillets, even boffer fish!).  This will add another fun activity
to the already full plate the SCA offers!!