ANST - Grants and "qualities"...

Tim Lozos timden at lcc.net
Fri Feb 19 20:17:16 PST 1999

Hi Pug!

Let me get a little clearer here....

You said....

>First of all, not that I said "are not supposed to be stepping stones".
>The last time I looked, you were not *required* to have a Grant level
>Service/Art award to get a peerage.
>
>Maybe there is something missing here. A stepping stone means you have
>to step there before going on.

*Grin* I think we have two different views of what "stepping stone" means....
To me it's like a marker, a way to measure your progress toward a goal. If I
was trying to be a Laurel, I would view getting a Iris as a step in the
right direction. The same as I view (as a fighter) things like getting
squired, winning my first tourney, becoming a Centurion, as steps toward
becoming a Knight. None of them are required, even though I consider it a
heck of an honor to be a Centurion.

If I was to receive an Iris for an art I do, I would consider it a heck of
an honor, even though I would'nt consider it a stepping stone to a Laurel,
because I'm not working toward that goal.

Your statement that....
>> >  Admittedly the Centurion is not a stepping stone to Peerage,

....I guess I read that as it being a dead end, which the Order had a bit of
a rep as a few years ago.....

>> But if you think the Centurion is not a stepping stone, then
>> ask the following Gentles....
>
>So one is required to have a Centurion to get a Knighthood?

*grin* Nope! Just ask Sir Bolvin, Sir Aaron, Sir Alexis, Sir Godwin, Sir
Jason, Sir Corwin (and every other one elevated before Master Daniel)..........

See Ya!

Timo