ANST - Funding ATYC

Paul Mitchell Paul_Mitchell at Filemaker.com
Mon Feb 22 15:42:57 PST 1999

Galen of Bristol is back.

My protege Baroness Mirrim recently said to me:

>This was sent to the Ansteorran list.  You may want to consider
>re-subscribing
>until after ATYC.
>
>Mirrim

She's right again, of course.

Funding for Ansteorra's 20th Year Celebration (ATYC) is not
in trouble.  However, Mistress Charla is running fundraisers
to achieve two goals:  one is to minimize the amount of money
to be fronted by the kingdom.

The other goal, which I'm sure will garner widespread approval,
is to keep the gate fee down.  Right now, we're taking advance
reservations for $8 per person (see the flyer in your Feb.
_Black Star_ for details), and that is scheduled to go up
to $10 after June 1st and at the door.  IF -- if, if, if, if,
if, if, IF we can get some good amount of money raised
(and just what that amount would be hasn't been defined),
I hope that we might be able to cancel that increase and
maybe stay at $8 for everyone.  This is not a promise; it is
a hope.  Please don't anyone ever quote this paragraph except
in its entirety.

BTW, we're not reserving camping space.  That'll be first-come,
first-serve, except for the royal encampment.

As I said at Coronation, this is going to be GREAT event,
not to be missed.  Any questions?

- Galen of Bristol, Viscount, KSCA, Pel., CIM, etc.
Steward of ATYC/Deputy Kingdom Seneschal