ANST - Centurian award

Charlene Charette charlene at flash.net
Thu Feb 25 10:28:09 PST 1999

The Sable Falcon is indeed non-armigerous.  So is the Lion, for that matter.
Order of precedence and prestige are not always the same thing.  The charter
text (which I'm currently retyping for Star) specifically says that it is for
"chivalric combat and the gentler pursuits".  As far as I can tell there is no
fighting (either style) award equivalent of the sable thistle or the sable crane
and there is no falcon equivalent for rapier.

--Perronnelle

--
The discontent of the people is more dangerous to a monarch than all the might
of his enemies on the battlefield.  -- Isabella d'Este