ANST - Fighting awards?

Weiszbrod, Barbara Ann (Barbara)** CTR ** baw2 at lucent.com
Thu Feb 25 12:58:17 PST 1999

"Blue Thistle" is the species of thistle.  When you go and look at a
thistle, it's top is blue (actually kind of a lavender), but the blazon
calls out for the "blue thisle" to be depicted "sable" (black).

Confusing enough?

My favorite blazon is "an ermin, or, maintaining and oar, ermin".  Isn't
heraldry fun?

Alys.