ANST - Re: Gulf Wars update

Patrick J. Cuccurello pat at adtelusa.com
Wed Jan 20 12:03:48 PST 1999

At 01:13 PM 1/20/99 -0600, you wrote:

>It was sure nice they told us early so we wouldn't waste the money on extra
>postage, not to mention how they get to keep all the extra amount for a
>couple of months worth of interest.  Yes we will get it back at the gate but
>it could have been used at home too.
>
>Theodric

I thought we were only suppose to recreate the best from the past?

I realize arbitrary is Period, but geeze.   I could very well be that the
autocrats were placed in this awkward position well after their ability to
deal with it.  From past experience, most Autocrats of very large events
are neither arbitrary or toadyish.  My guess is that a decision came down
that they had to make the best of, knowing they were going to have to wear
their helmets on their hindquarters before it was over.

Try not to judge them too harshly, their job is difficult enough.  Now, if
you can trace back to where the decision was originally made, that is
definitely a party waiting to happen  :)

In many ways it's a pity to see it happen.  However, with the popularity of
the War growing, everyone should have seen it coming.  Too bad a system
wasn't in place before it bit us in the butts (as they say--hindsight is
20/20).

Petruccio