ANST - Re: Gulf Wars update

James Crouchet jtc at io.com
Wed Jan 20 17:11:00 PST 1999

I am afraid I must differ on the idea that crowns should cope "just
like everyone else".  The crowns are not everyone else, not
because they are high-muckety-mucks, but because their workload
will be many times that of most of us. Extra space, conveniences,
etc. are more than "nice" for a crown; they can make a difference
in their presentation and presence.

There are, of course, others who have especially heavy and/or
important workloads. Autocrats, Ciurgeons and probably others as
well. It only makes sense to provide those people with what we
can to make their work more effective.

In the case of a crown, consider this: if you or I come to a battle 10
minutes late that means we are at the end of the inspection line
rather than at the front. Or maybe we miss the start of it. If our
crown is 10 minutes late then hundreds of fighters lose 10 minutes
of fighting time. That helps no one.

I do agree with Monsieur Grace's assessment that it was
apparently a misstep on the part of the autocrat(s) that caused
this, and that they must bare the responsibility for putting all to
rights.

I respect a crown that is willing to get down in the trenches with us
whenever their job permits, but I do not think it wise for them to be
treated "just like everyone else".

Don Christian Doré