ANST - Re: Gulf Wars update

karl muller apophysis at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 21 06:30:51 PST 1999

>From: "j'lynn yeates" <jyeates at realtime.net>
>To: ansteorra at Ansteorra.ORG
>

>having run into exactly this situation in other groups, the "current
reality"
>should remain the advertised and previously sold reality.  if changes
need to
>be made, then you make them for *next* event / festival.  if that means
some
>royalty who did'na get their reservations in on  time, then they tent
like
>everyone else .... fair is fair.
>
>some philosophical questions  ... in that in this game the royals are
assumed
>to be the reflections of chivalry and are supposed to be the guiding
lights
>that the rank-n-file follow and aspire to, does the nature of chivalry
allow
>knowing acceptance of a billet that was previously "sold" to another
and was
>emptied for your convenience ... what of the indivual(s) who are now
seriously
>inconvenienced so that you can be accomodated in better quarters?   ...
what
>about those who have more of a need of these spaces than you for
medical or
>family reasons?  ... how about those traveling long distances that
can't camp
>as easily as a local traveler can ....
>
>'wolf

what the organizers should have done was ask for all those with
reservations to voluntarily give up their spaces to the brass. and then
tell the brass who had done so. just to give the volunteer some
recognition for their generousity. personnally, if i had a medical
reason or little kids, i would demand i get my cabin. and if they
refused, i would complain to their brass. and think about never
returning to that war again.
km