ANST - Gulf Wars

Michelle Vernon-Cole mikaela at sonetcom.com
Thu Jan 21 17:24:53 PST 1999

I am writing in response to Baron Michael Silverhands opinion of this GW
situation. Good letter your excellency, we agree. I would also like to add
that First, as a past Crown of this Kingdom and also a Gulf War Crown, I can
truly understand and empathize with those that feel they were "gypped". I
too would feel this way, however the talk of Lawsuits and legal
ramifications is preposterous. Remember if you remember nothing else, this
is a total volunteer organization and I am sure that the Meridians when
taking reservations did not have any malice or ill intent as far as "making
money off the interest" -which remember goes to all the three kingdoms... I
do feel strongly in one area however, there are several people that attend
this war that are wheel chair bound and staying in a cabin makes their life
a little easier, not to mention that these people also continue to serve the
Kingdoms without a heavy sigh.
I guess, what I am trying to say is. In the past the royalty stayed in the
condo's there are four of them and the cabins were "up for grabs." But face
it, we are talking about the almost second largest war, if not the second
largest war in the known world....More crowns will be coming and provisions
should be made for them in advance, not promises broken to the general
populace.Once you have sat the throne it is understandable to need a
cabin...not to mention all the different Garb,the gifts for the other
kingdoms...but the heavy load of regalia that the crowns carry with them,
along with their entourage and places to lay their weary heads and their
poor feet!
 If we are truly playing this game as it should be played and we were really
back in 600-1600 then wouldn't the kings have the keeps anyway and the
populace be rallied at their doorstep?
Please don't misunderstand this, I honestly can say that I would be upset if
I knew I had a cabin one day and not the next....totally changes packing
plans...however, this is war as we know it in the Society and lets just try
to keep it fun.....the memories of the fires and revelry will all still be
there. the fierce battles will continue led on to the field by our King, the
gleen and clashing of epee's will make their mark, the merchants will
continue to sell their wares, the archers arrows will fly swiftly , the
bards will spin their yarns, the artisans again will blind them with the
talent and knowledge that we uphold in our fair kingdom........and yes
Ansteorra will sleep at night, maybe not as comfortable, but still with
pride knowing that when they rise on that day...they will see the Sable Star
rise too.
I'm not saying we have to like this, because especially as diverse as our
kingdom is we won't like it. I'm just saying....well basically ca-ca occurs
and its up to us to flush it or step over it. But for goodness sake not into
it, cuz we won't come out smelling like a rose. I am sure the Crown of this
and all Kingdoms involved are doing what they can to see where this Fubar
occurred...just remember, from someone who can't go to the war this
year...I'd give anything to go and stay in a tent....yes, even if it
rained....cuz wars are where you discover new friends and old ones, thats
where memories begin and the magic occurs if you allow it. The kind that
childhood dreams are made of.
Sorry, if I rattled on, its just there are a lot of hard working people
(Crowns and Gulf War Staff) trying to keep this thing going and if it is the
way it is...don't add waves, rather use the values of this game to help
smooth this out....Btw, Sir Lyonel, you did sound annoyed but you proved to
have some rather valid points...how did they get the first 120
reservations??That is a good question.

In hopes you guys have a blast anyway.
Be safe, have fun and come home with stories!!!!

I remain,

Duchess Mikaela
"she who can rattle on, as you well know now"     :)

Yeah, what she says....
Duke Mikael
"he who says less"    :)