ANST - Gulf Wars

Michael Tucker michaelt at mechatronics.com
Thu Jan 21 17:57:41 PST 1999

Michelle Vernon-Cole wrote:

> I am writing in response to Baron Michael Silverhands opinion of this GW
> situation. Good letter your excellency, we agree.

Thank you, Your Grace. I think we are all looking for answers here, it's just
that each of us brings his/her own experiences to the table, and some of us are
more vocal than others. <grin>

> I guess, what I am trying to say is. In the past the royalty stayed in the
> condo's there are four of them and the cabins were "up for grabs." But face
> it, we are talking about the almost second largest war, if not the second
> largest war in the known world....More crowns will be coming and provisions
> should be made for them in advance, not promises broken to the general
> populace.Once you have sat the throne it is understandable to need a
> cabin...not to mention all the different Garb,the gifts for the other
> kingdoms...but the heavy load of regalia that the crowns carry with them,
> along with their entourage and places to lay their weary heads and their
> poor feet!
>
> <snip>
>
> Sorry, if I rattled on, its just there are a lot of hard working people
> (Crowns and Gulf War Staff) trying to keep this thing going and if it is the
> way it is...don't add waves, rather use the values of this game to help
> smooth this out....Btw, Sir Lyonel, you did sound annoyed but you proved to
> have some rather valid points...how did they get the first 120
> reservations??That is a good question.
>
> In hopes you guys have a blast anyway.
> Be safe, have fun and come home with stories!!!!
>
> I remain,
>
> Duchess Mikaela
> "she who can rattle on, as you well know now"     :)
>
> Yeah, what she says....
> Duke Mikael
> "he who says less"    :)

I don't know about everyone who requested cabin space and was denied, so
obviously I can't speak for anyone else but my own group. Several of our group
have health or medical reasons for staying in a cabin, and will simply be unable
to come if we cannot find them space. I have communicated this information to
Their Majesties Gunthar and Sara, and to the event steward, Sir John the
Pursuwer. I figure at this point it's their football (not just our group but the
whole fiasco) and I trust to their collective good judgement to choose the path
that best serves the needs of the most people involved. Hopefully Sir John will
be able to find an agreeable solution to this problem, not just this year but
for Gulf Wars on down the line.

I have served in years previous as entourage for Their Majesties Ansteorra. I
know how important it is to get the crowns into their own "space" where they can
hold meetings, dress, store their regalia between public appearances, store the
gifts to be exchanged with the other crowns, and maybe (if they're lucky) have a
little privacy to rest and blow off steam. I do not begrudge them this space in
the least.

What I *do* begrudge is the space that was promised us (any way you look at it),
and upon which a great number of people have made their plans to attend the war.
As I said, several of our group *must* stay in a cabin if they are to attend at
all. The rest of us will make do as best we can. After all, where (and how
comfortably) we sleep is insignificant compared to supporting the kingdom, doing
everything we can for the war, and bringing home all the good memories we can!

--
Michael C. Tucker   | Java Developer
Software Engineer   | Sun Certified System Engineer