ANST - Re: Gulf Wars update

Dennis Grace sirlyonel at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 20 13:23:37 PST 1999

Salut Cozyns,

Baron Michael said:

>Well said, Petruccio. I have communicated with our Crown about this,
and am in
>discussion on a local level with the (dis)affected parties, of which I
am one. I
>would enjoy helping toast the butt of the responsible party, if it
could be
>narrowed to one or two people, and if it clearly was their choice to
treat us so
>unchivalrously and not something beyond any reasonable person's
control.

>In the meantime, I applaud your choice to give the stewards the benefit
of the
>doubt until we know more clearly why and how this happened.

I hate to disagree with the voice of reason on this, but unless a bunch
of cabins recently burned to the ground, someone in Meridies has made a
very poor decision.  The GW autocrats advertised (hell, they're *still*
advertising) that the ~120 cabin beds would be available on a strictly
first come, first served basis. If they ran out of space for the Crowned
Heads of the Knowne World, that's an unrelated problem.  If they have
inadequate space for said Crowned Heads in the condominiums, they should
obtain an alternate form of lodging (rent trailers, rent tents, build
houses, whatever) not steal reserved cabin space.

If a hotel pulled something like this on me, I'd sue.  Can you say
"false advertising"?

lo vostre por vos servir
Sir Lyonel Oliver Grace