ANST - Kingdom Dance & the Law; Was Alexandrian vs. Dance

Paul Mitchell pmitchel at flash.net
Mon Jul 12 10:43:46 PDT 1999

Galen here...

>I don't want to start a holy war or stir up old politics, if such are
>attached -- but why isn't dance simply a part of King's College and Kingdom
>A&S?
>
>Mistress Teleri ferch Pawl

Having attended one or two Kingdom Dance events
(taught at one), and one Known World Dance Symposium,
I have been very impressed with the variety and complexity
of what there is to learn, as well as the number of
people willing to come and learn it.

Dance classes can occupy several large rooms
for a full day or two of classes, with little
overlap in subject matter.  That's a drain or
event resources that King's College and Kingdom
A&S aren't usually set up to handle.

But I'd guess it's that second thing that really
justifies  having a seperate event: if people will
do the work to put it on, and if people will come
to teach, learn and practice, and it doesn't lose
too much money, why not have an event?

- Galen of Bristol
(who's never been to La Marche Savauge, and
whose lady loves to dance, and so might just
be there)