ANST - Kingdom Dance & the Law

dssweet at okstate.edu dssweet at okstate.edu
Mon Jul 12 13:30:39 PDT 1999

Pug said:
>Personally I think it is a mistake to list these events in Kingdom Law
>at all, expect for perhaps those that must occur at certain times.

I believe part of the reason for stating & keeping the list in Kingdom Law
involves Article 5, Section 3, Number:

>>5.Branches in the Kingdom of Ansteorra are entitled to hold two Kingdom
Calendar
>>  events per calendar year. Baronies are entitled to their perpetual event in
>>  addition to their two Kingdom Calendar events. *Regional Calendar Events and

>>  Reoccurring Kingdom events do not count against a branches limit*.

I believe, it's important to have a list of the Reoccurring Kingdom events in a
secure place
such that it can be checked to ensure that branches do not exceed their limited
number of events per calendar year. And also to allow branches to contemplate
what
Kingdom events are out there, looking (sometimes desperately) for some group to
host them.

>A better solution, in my opinion, would be to have each office that has
>reoccurring events, keep track of them. I may be naive, but I feel that
>these officers should be giving input on the events under their office
>not only in how often it re-occurs, but if bids are acceptable or not.

You didn't read #1 carefully. I'm pretty sure our King's College bid went
through both the Seneschalate & the Kingdom A&S officer. It would be a
scheduling nightmare if the A&S officer, the Earl Marshall & his Rapier &
Archery deputies, plus others "kept track of them". I believe the current system
works rather well. The Kingdom Seneschal (via the Scheduling Deputy) keeps the
only calendar. I've usually seen the K. Seneschal request bids for certain
events, usually with a request to mail copies of the bid to the applicable other
kingdom officer (A&S or whoever is most appropriate). I believe that
consultation then occurs between the Kingdom Seneschal & the other kingdom
officer(s) & perhaps the Crown, to determine who receives the bid for that
event. Some seneschals might have more or less say in these Reoccurring Kingdom
events or the appropriate officers might; it probably depends upon all the
individuals involved. At least that's how I understand it to happen.

Article 5, Section 3, Number:
>>1.Reoccurring Kingdom events are those major official events which occur
within
>>  the Kingdom, hosted by various branches within the Kingdom, or by such
persons
>>  as the Crown and the Kingdom Seneschal shall designate. The Kingdom
Seneschal
>>  shall be responsible for requesting bids for these events, *unless
delegated*.

Estrill