ANST - Kingdom Dance & the Law

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Mon Jul 12 14:40:39 PDT 1999

dssweet at okstate.edu (dssweet at okstate.edu) said something that sounded like:
> I believe, it's important to have a list of the Reoccurring Kingdom
> events in a secure place such that it can be checked to ensure that
> branches do not exceed their limited number of events per calendar
> year. And also to allow branches to contemplate what Kingdom events are
> out there, looking (sometimes desperately) for some group to host them.

While they can be secure, the do not need to be in Kingdom Law. They
could simply be in the Seneschal's handbook, which could be more easily
changed than Kingdom Law for additions, removals and changes.

> >A better solution, in my opinion, would be to have each office that has
> >reoccurring events, keep track of them. I may be naive, but I feel that
> >these officers should be giving input on the events under their office
> >not only in how often it re-occurs, but if bids are acceptable or not.
> You didn't read #1 carefully.

I think that you misunderstood. The Scheduling deputy would still
maintain the only calendar, but there should be no *need* for the
Seneschal's office to keep track of what events are considered
"reoccuring" and their name. If we want them secure, than they can be
in policy instead of Law.

What if someone didn't like the name "Kingdom Dance Symposium" and
wanted to call it "Academy of Dance" one year? Would it be a reoccuring
event? What if we want it to be "Kingdom Dance and Music Symposium"
one year and split them to other events different years? Naming things
like this in law should be avoided in my humble opinion.

How often must an event occur to be "reoccuring"? For example, I don't
think I've seen a Queen's Children's college ever.

Ciao,