ANST - Kingdom Dance & the Law

dssweet at okstate.edu dssweet at okstate.edu
Mon Jul 12 16:05:14 PDT 1999

Pug writes:
>While they can be secure, the do not need to be in Kingdom Law. They
>could simply be in the Seneschal's handbook, which could be more easily
>changed than Kingdom Law for additions, removals and changes.

More people have access to Kingdom law than they do the Seneschal's handbook
(unless it's on-line too?). Kingdom law is periodically mailed out to all paid
members of the populace.

>If we want them secure, than they can be in policy instead of Law.

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I like the comfort of having them in law.

>What if someone didn't like the name "Kingdom Dance Symposium" and
>wanted to call it "Academy of Dance" one year? Would it be a reoccuring
>event? What if we want it to be "Kingdom Dance and Music Symposium"
>one year and split them to other events different years? Naming things
>like this in law should be avoided in my humble opinion.

I think one of the reasons there has been a variety of names is the fact that it
isn't listed in the Reoccurring Events. Personally I'd be cool with a listing of
"the Kingdom Dance Event", and still let groups call it what they want within
reason.

>How often must an event occur to be "reoccuring"? For example, I don't
>think I've seen a Queen's Children's college ever.

I'm guessing the last one was about 10 years ago???  Probably the Ministry of
Children should pick up on this possible event or else it should be deleted from
the list.

Estrill