ANST - awards ...

Lee Lemons lalemons at flash.net
Sat Jul 17 16:33:55 PDT 1999

I really appreciate it when the Crown or their representatives go ahead and
read the award into law when the person receiving it isn't there!

Things happen - the person had to work, got sick, family situation came up,
etc., and I don't think that should keep the person from receiving that award
that was deemed appropriate to give in the first place.  Not being at the event
should not mean that they are suddenly not worthy of the award.

Plus, I have to admit, as a charter painter,  that if I know an award is being
destroyed / not going to be used, I rather cringe because I know a lot of time
went into painting that award.  It is rather discouraging to continue painting
charters, spending easily a couple of hours on JUST ONE, to know that all that
effort could be for naught if the recipient didn't show up.

Curstaidh